One of the key enablers of Trajectory Based Operations (TBO) is the automated updating of trajectories in reaction to developing uncertainties. However, a high frequency of updates and modifications leads to degraded system stability. The overall goal of START (a Stable and resilienT ATM by integrAting Robust airline operations into the neTwork) is to develop, implement, and validate optimisation algorithms for robust airline operations that result in stable and resilient ATM performance even in disturbed scenarios.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH)
- Grant Agreement No.: 893204
- May 2020 – Oct 2022
- 2 Mi. €
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 893204. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the SESAR JU members other than the Union.
- START on International Day of the Air Traffic ControllerEvery day more than 37,000 flights take off and land safely at European airports. Such a level of movement requires attentive and careful eyes able to quickly process the information and make the right decisions that lead to safety. The … More START on International Day of the Air Traffic Controller
- START participates in the 12th EASN International Conference on Innovation in Aviation & Space for opening New HorizonsToday, 19 October 2022 the START project was in Barcelona participating in the 12th EASN International Conference on “Innovation in Aviation & Space for opening New Horizons”. The project described its achievements in the panel “Meteorology and Environment in ATM”, … More START participates in the 12th EASN International Conference on Innovation in Aviation & Space for opening New Horizons
- Final Review MeetingOn Oct 11th Start project celebrated its Final Review Meeting on mixed-mode, in Brussels and online.