One of the key enablers of Trajectory Based Operations (TBO) is the automated updating of trajectories in reaction to developing uncertainties. However, a high frequency of updates and modifications leads to degraded system stability. The overall goal of START (a Stable and resilienT ATM by integrAting Robust airline operations into the neTwork) is to develop, implement, and validate optimisation algorithms for robust airline operations that result in stable and resilient ATM performance even in disturbed scenarios.
- Horizon 2020
- Call: H2020-SESAR-2019-2 (SESAR 2020 EXPLORATORY RESEARCH)
- Grant Agreement No.: 893204
- May 2020 – Oct 2022
- 2 Mi. €
This project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 893204. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the SESAR JU members other than the Union.
- Closing the Gap in Aircraft Trajectories: Enhancing Optimization and Prediction ApproachesManuel Soler will act as guest editor of Aerospace MDPI in a Special Issue entitled “Closing the Gap in Aircraft Trajectories: Enhancing Optimization and Prediction Approaches”. Topics include: Robust optimization; Aircraft trajectory optimization and climate change; Uncertainty propagation; AI techniques … More Closing the Gap in Aircraft Trajectories: Enhancing Optimization and Prediction Approaches
- InterviewThe European research project START, coordinated by the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) and involving major players in the aeronautical landscape, combines Big Data and Artificial Intelligence to develop algorithms that allow the air traffic network to be optimised … More Interview
- General Assembly Meeting #1START Project will held its first General Assembly Meeting on November 11th. Find below the agenda